Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Some ideas to help with DL

i agree with liche, if you start with a skillchain in the beginning and burst it, DL isnt going to stick around and let the melees whack on him before going to rape the BLMs, your best bet is, as liche said, to do all the TP skillchains whatever and have two people (or one sam) keep one weaponskill's worth of TP(or the sam's two hour) till after all the melees are done beating on him, THEN do light SC bursted with ES thundaga IIIs

On dynamis lord its really easy to mess up a skill chain due to the lag and too far away messages. Its not as simple as doing a light chain in a party. I can see doing 1 light chain, but it really has to be fast or you delay a lot of damage or he could possible kill a lot of people with obilvion slash ect.

3. One thing we may want to consider, and I am sure someone has mentioned it before: Split the BLM up. I can tell that once the DL wants the BLM dead it pretty much happens, and since they are all huddled together casting away, one well placed Oblivion Smash and hes on to fry the lesser fish.

Of course this could result in a bit of Chaos, but it may also serve to overload him a bit, making him change focus several times if the BLM just keep casting. If the hate bouncing works we could verywell get a few more spells off. At that point we could even throw in the far fectched notion that a PLD, mainly Brightblade (He's +Enmity Tweaked) could steal hate back to give us a few moments of reprise before he returns to finish his work.

Even in this case it would still require, as Teo said, execution. People need to be prepared, they need to stay out of the fight until its their turn (I dont want to point fingers but Ive seen more than a few PLD and others run in so they can watch the fight, and we all know damn wel lif you can see the DL he is more than capiable of killing you.) If you are afraid of taking a R1 then get a reraise item, and if you come, be prepared to sacrafice EXP to get this kill. Our inital sucess was born from our will to throw all caution to the wind and attack with all our might, if we dont do so, then we may as well just relegate to being a second rate LS that just farms Xaracabard.

Quote Originally Posted by Phalen
    If you are afraid of taking a R1 then get a reraise item
    yes please Q_Q. I've seen so many people NOT take raise 1's so many times i wanna rip their faces off. In all fairness, WHM should NEVER cast anything more than raise II. Reraise Hairpins and Gorgets are raise II. Noone should not use these things just so they have the possibility of getting a raise III. I know our HNMLS WILL NOT cast anything over raise 1 EVER. It's your own fault you dont have reraise II, so you will deal with the raise 1. I wish we had that rule here.

Izzy - FFXI - Phoenix
    WHM/BLM/SMN/NIN/PLD

5. i know the dynamis lord is a big fan of dieplelga - oblivian smash - lossga

6. dragon can dispel too /bye RR

7. if you are fearful of losing RR try to make sure it's not the last buff on you (unless the dispel is all buffs then well, it doesn't matter) Carry something like selbina milk, au-lauts, whatever. Some people say dispel removes the last buff, some say it's random...whatever the case using a regen item after your other buffs increases the cases of IT being the one removed than one of your move important ones.

Just a thought

One thing we need to do is to have the nins run to the palace where the dragons spawn after using their ws. The dragons were tearing the blms apart yesterday. Gotta get them as they spawn and run them away

9. If i remember correctly RR wasn't my last buff, yet it still got dispel. Well it's a pain when you die and can't get up right away and waste mage mp >150 for a r1.

Quote Originally Posted by Scytale
    if you are fearful of losing RR try to make sure it's not the last buff on you (unless the dispel is all buffs then well, it doesn't matter) Carry something like selbina milk, au-lauts, whatever. Some people say dispel removes the last buff, some say it's random...whatever the case using a regen item after your other buffs increases the cases of IT being the one removed than one of your move important ones.

Just a thought
    It's definitely random; however, dummy buffs are always useful because as you said, it increases the chance that it will dispel something other than reraise.

Having a mage in your party cast barfira and barsleepra or some other random set of bar spells can help as well.