Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Relic trials require dynamis now

Quote Originally Posted by Zumi View Post
    He didn't want to join anyway most likely people with relics won't want to join if we not only doing glaicer. It can be easily 3 manned pld, rdm + anything else

My view is a bit different then yours. I rather get more people to get these zones done faster, hardly anyone needs anything af gear wise. So I wouldn't object to getting new people that might want af2.

I can take care of finding people if you want and everything else now so you won't have to do anything. I don't mind helping people out even if they only need a few runs like I was going to ask Lonekent to come when ever we did the glacier. I think we need more people like 5-10 more. To make the runs finish faster and not take 3.5 hr. Having people with relics is a good idea in my opinion.

1. Zones are on a timer. There is no 'getting a zone done faster'. It doesn't matter if you go with 3 people or 64. Provided you get the time extensions, it's the same amount of time. We will not be going into zones for the sole purpose of the NMS. There will be farming first, as there normally was when we did attestation NMs.

2. We do still have members that want some AF.

3. Why would you want to have people join just to finish their relics when: a) We weren't involved in helping them getting those relics b) the zones can be run with 3 people, as you said, why would we compromise DB? c) if they wanted to do dynamis, we've been around for years, they could have applied at any time

4. I don't mind leading. I just need help. Like make an alliance occasionally or call out AF or something. It's rather difficult to try to juggle 80 things during a run and be effective at whatever job I'm on.
    Last edited by Papillion; 12-08-2010 at 11:40 AM.

~~~~Papillion~~~~
    80+ - SMN
    90 - MNK/BLM/BRD/DNC/DRG/RDM/WHM/SAM/COR/THF/BLU

~~~~Riloth~~~~
    90 - THF/WAR/WHM/DRK/NIN/SAM/RNG
    (/SCH not available)

~~~Ocyris~~~~
    90 - BRD/DRK/SAM/MNK/RDM/WHM/WAR/NIN/BLM/THF

Since the cap is 90 now, it should be no problem to beat the city bosses with like 10 people. I dont think it will be an issue.

I dont know about making alliances, but I've volunteered to help with in run things before. I dont mind calling af or lotting currency if needed. Especially since we have so much space now Not sure how else I could help out, though the database is in need of updating :x

Alarial
    Whm90, Blm90, Blu90, Smn90
    Rdm90, Cor90, Sch90, Brd90

The database issue is my fault, and I hope to have that rectified by the end of the week. I'm actually hoping to have most of the attendance entered by today if I can get away with it at work, since it's A LOT easier to do things discreetly in a browser window than it is in the game client.

Now that my class is over and I can't take another in the Spring, you'll all be seeing me a lot more than you have over the last six months. I know it'll be hard to contain your excitement and all, but I shouldn't have any problems picking back up responsibilities to ensure that the burnout isn't too severe or sudden as we decide how long we want to extend our current activities.
    Last edited by Teorem; 12-08-2010 at 03:59 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Teorem View Post

Now that my class is over and I can't take another in the Spring, you'll all be seeing me a lot more than you have over the last six months. I know it'll be hard to contain your excitement

Penty - 90BRD 90RDM 90WHM 90RNG 90SMN COR90 SAM90 SCH90 MNK90

Chuwei -
    DNC90THF75WHM90

Quote Originally Posted by Teorem View Post
    The database issue is my fault, and I hope to have that reticified by the end of the week. I'm actually hoping to have most of the attendance entered by today if I can get away with it at work, since it's A LOT easier to do things discreetly in a browser window than it is in the game client.

Now that my class is over and I can't take another in the Spring, you'll all be seeing me a lot more than you have over the last six months. I know it'll be hard to contain your excitement and all, but I shouldn't have any problems picking back up responsibilities to ensure that the burnout isn't too severe or sudden as we decide how long we want to extend our current activities.
    Yay for Teo I know what you mean.. I had to stop helping with HM ls admin stuff when I got a new job last year and couldnt work on it at work anymore >< Running a ls is damn hard work.

Alarial
    Whm90, Blm90, Blu90, Smn90
    Rdm90, Cor90, Sch90, Brd90

According to people that did do dynamis like 1/3 of the mobs drop AF now with level 90 thf.

But with current turn out do we really want to continue? Though doesn't really seem like a lot of people want to do this some more. Maybe have a poll or something.
    Jobs PLD 85 MNK 85 WAR 85 SAM 85 RNG 80 THF 85 BRD 81 WHM 85 RDM 85

I'm still a relatively new member but I could try putting alliances together. I find it fun to do stuff like that, all I'd need to know is which zones require CSS and how many of them. Actually, I don't mind helping with anything, whatever area needs more assistance I'd be happy to lend a hand.

I'd be happy to continue doing dynamis as an ls as long as people can still benefit from it/wish to do it.

Also I agree with what ril said!

Quote Originally Posted by Zumi
    hardly anyone needs anything af gear wise. So I wouldn't object to getting new people that might want af2.
    Implying that the needs of members who have contributed their time and efforts to this ls but still need af are negligible or not worth prioritizing is pretty rude. Just because people don't outright proclaim what they still need or want to you doesn't mean no one needs anything, or that their needs and wants should be marginalized in favor of relic trials and new members. I can understand the linkshell disbanding as a whole due to lack of interest and exhaustion, but please don't use incorrect statements such as "oh no one needs anything why do we bother" as a disguise for your disinterest.

If that's not what you meant, then please consider your words more carefully next time, because it came out as pretty insulting.
    Last edited by Chupie; 12-09-2010 at 03:53 PM.

. . . . Chuwei (DNCWHM BLM THF 90 )
    (BRD RDM 85 COR RNG WHM SMN 90) . . . Penty

No enthusiasm here lol Looking forward to you being online more often and hope you met your real life goals (for now anyway).

As usual I am willing to help in any way I can. I don't have a relic weapon so I don't need to do the stuff for them but I am always happy to help our relic holding members achieve their goals.

I wouldn't say I need any af still as I have full sets for all my jobs and then some however there are some things I would still like down the line.

With the level cap increase there is much more we can do with fewer people so people that are just plain tired of doing dynamis and want out should be able to leave and not worry about hard feelings. I will clarify, that by leave, I mean don't log on and just not bother coming to a run but post so leadership knows you are tired and need a break from it or whatever.

I will admit to being a bit tired of dynamis on occasion but I have so much fun with the people we run with that I think that outweighs even the tedium of 3.5 hour city runs.
    WHM/RDM/BLM/SMN/SCH/MNK/PLD/DNC 90

Quote Originally Posted by Riloth View Post
    I've already seen enough people that were only around up until their goals were met to leave immediately that I'm not inclined to want it now. We are more than capable to accomplish the zone goals as we are now.

Ril
    I'm strongly agreeing with that, and we're more than capable of doing anything in dyna when we have enough people that can actually log on. Updates happen, and rl does throw us all curve balls from time to time. That being said if we do plan to end this linkshell eventually, then I cant see a need to accept new members just for trials.

That preverbial 25 runs to lot the better AFs seemed oppressive at first, but in retrospect I can see that it is done to keep the fly by night crowd out of your linkshell. This should be that way because you cull the ones that can't hack it, and you wind up with stronger (more dedicated) players remaining. Letting someone in for 3 runs to accomplish a goal then seeing them vanish in a puff of smoke does not seem productive or fair to those of us that did work hard to meet the attendance requirements and still maintain that.

Penty I'll send you a tell when my sides stop hurting
    THF 90 BLM 90 SMN 90

omg... I might even drag my butt on just to harass Teo!

80 RNG~WHM 79 BLM 78 BRD 76 BLU~WAR~DRK
    75 RDM~MNK
    all applicable sub jobs, job abilities