Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Dynamis-Jeuno, Wednesday, 8 August 2007, 8PM EDT

Dynamis-Jeuno, Wednesday, 8 August 2007, 8PM EDT

Administrative

Run Announcement

On Wednesday we will be returning to Dynamis-Jeuno. This is the third in our city run cycle.

If you have THF75, please bring THF. You may be asked to change jobs depending on how we are able to balance the alliances.

Item Preparation

No special medicines are required for this zone, other than what you are normally expected to bring for your job.

Lotting Eligibility

No special lotting rules other than active membership are enforced in this zone.

Strategy

http://www.dynamisbums.com/strategy/jeu.html

Alliance Split

Note to whoever is making alliances: We will need 2-3 more BLMs than we normally take into this zone.

We're going to try this again, but I'll explain it in more detail here to hopefully limit confusion (because everyone will, of course, read this well before the run):

Because we cannot effectively double target due to the overlapping AoE, we are going to try splitting up the alliances to diverge and take alternate paths to cut down on the time used to clear the same area. Since we generally have 3 alliances, we're going to have a full melee alliance + a couple BLMs in Group 2, with everyone else in Group 1.

The main areas we are going to do this in are the upper level of the Quadrangle on our initial pass, and the inside of the Palace.

Quadrangle

Groups split up after clearing the statues at the top of the stairs in front of the Mog House area. Group 1 clears the upper level clockwise, while Group 2 clears the upper level counterclockwise. Skip time extension 234 for now (I want to see how the rest works out first since this is a sizable group).

Ideally, both groups will meet up at the AH area. Group 2 can double back and get the time extension (234) if Group 1 has not yet finished circling the Quadrangle.

Palace

Group 1 clears the left side and doubles back to clear the top floor, while Group 2 clears the right side and waits in the back.

Groups meet up in the back of the palace, making sure no one is left inside the Palace, and clear the statues by the Duke's Manor.

I'll be making the alliances, and doing that isn't a problem. Just need the people to actually show up to have the correct numbers to do it.

Oh yea, I WON'T be BLM because RANDGIRTHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH OMG STAGE FOUR I DEMAND BARD BARD BARD FOR IZZY!!!!!!!!!!!!

Izzy - FFXI - Phoenix
    WHM/BLM/SMN/NIN/PLD

Edit: nevermind, got called out for dinner with family.

good luck
    Last edited by Carmisse; 08-07-2007 at 10:00 PM.

I will be there for this run but again a good chance I may be a few minutes late for a wednesday run.
    BLM/WHM/RDM/SAM/PLD/BRD 75 || WAR/THF/DRK/RNG/SMN/NIN/SCH 37
    MP=1 / Sword=1 / Shield=1 / Critical Hit Rate=2 / Spell Interupt=1 / Elemental Magic=5 / Enfeebling Magic=2
    Ice Potency=2 / Lightning Potency=2 / Freeze II=1 / Burst II=1 / Devotion=1 / Shikikoyo=1 / Chivalry=1

5. I need to be in Izzy's party to give him Shikykoyo... along with the 3 BRDs...

My group at work has decided that Wednesday at 3:30 pm is the most beautiful time available to have meetings -.- (I usually leave around 3:45 to make it on time) So, I doubt if I'll be able to make it home in time. I'm sorry ; ; Have fun.

I'm logged at markings as BLM, however I may be called back for more work; if so, I won't be able to login until after the run is over.

8. I plan to briefly attend tonights run ... I probably wont be there long enough to get any attendance credit (got a flight to catch at 5am EST), but I miss Dynamis after a 4+week absence.

I'll be there, BLM as always. I like the two-group approach!

Izzy - FFXI - Phoenix
    WHM/BLM/SMN/NIN/PLD