Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Dynamis-Tavnazia (Quick guide to winning)

Dynamis-Tavnazia (Quick guide to winning)

Attention!!! Updated strategies located here.

Defeat Nightmare Bugard for 15 minute time extension. Located at zone to Phomiuna Aqueducts.

Nightmare Bugard:
    Awful Eye - LoS STR Down (STR-?), Petrify
    Bone Crunch - ST damage, Plague
    Heavy Bellow - AoE Stun
    Scutum - Defense Bonus
    Tail Roll - LoS damage

Move to third floor and set camp right at top of steps. Everyone should avoid Nightmare Hornet aggro from the hall ways on second floor and take a path directly from the bottom floor passed the altar and up the steps to third floor.
    Defeat Nightmare Antlion located on third floor (not down any tunnels) for 30 Minute time extension (both Antlion and Worm must be defeated in order to get subjobs back)

Nightmare Antlion:
    Mandible Bite - ST damage
    Pit Ambush - heavy ST damage (on aggro)
    Sandblast - AoE Blind, Silence
    Venom Spray - LoS Venom (-50HP/3s)

Move to second floor and defeat Nightmare Worm to unlock sub jobs. Worm pops from beneath the ground at a random location in the circle around the bridge. Be sure to avoid Nightmare Hornet aggro while fighting and make sure you know where you are facing when it does draw in move.

Nightmare Worm:
    Draw In (all alliance members, active or KO'd and anyone outside alliance with hate)
    Sound Vacuum - AoE Silence
    Stone V, Stonega III
    Tremors - heavy AoE damage, DEX Down (DEX-?, diminishes)

4 Going for the win
    All alliance members move north passed all of the Diablos NPCs without aggroing them. They are true sight but are not difficult to get passed if everyone is patient. Do not follow each other or the last person in the line will surely aggro a moving npc.
    If someone does get aggro do not panic it is ok to aggro a single one. If more than one is aggroed you will have to fight more than one diablos at the same time which has not been done by this linkshell therefore is not recommended.
    Once everyone is completely passed all the npcs have one person aggro a single NPC. This will pop a either Diablos Diamond, Heart, Club, Spade, and/or Shard (Diablos pet) which can be killed to win the zone. Once Diablos is defeated examine ??? for key item. At this point all other Diablos NPCs will despawn.

Here is some limited information I have on Diablos thanks to Teorem:

Special Abilities

Cacodemonia - AoE Curse - Diamond, Club?
    Camisado - ST damage (Shard's is AoE) - Spade, Club?, Shard
    Daydream - ST Charm - Diamond
    Dream Shroud - MAB/MDB (dispellable) - Spade, Heart?
    Hypnogenesis - LoS damage - Diamond
    Nether Tempest - AoE Nether Blast (~661) - Heart
    Nightmare - AoE Sleep/Bio - Diamond, Spade?
    Noctoshield - Phalanx (dispellable) - Spade, Club?, Heart?
    Ruinous Omen - AoE HP random % down - Club, Spade?
    Sweeping Somnolence - LoS damage, Gravity - Spade
    Ultimate Terror - AoE stat drain (2-5 random stats), Heart?
    Dispelga - Heart?
    Dispel - Club?, Heart?
    Regular spells (across all): Aspir, Blindga, Bio III, Drain, Sleepga II

No time extension for winning but ??? spawns elsewhere in zone for 30 minute extension. If someone solo pops diablos and dies all diablos's will despawn and the ??? will spawn for time reguardless of whether you actually defeat Diablos so long as he depops.
    Last edited by Izzy; 10-02-2008 at 03:14 PM.

Diabolos mob (not npc) do not aggro anything.
    Fatman, a leader, a friend, a great person. Rest in peace buddy. I'll miss all the good times we had together.

Green apples taste different than red apples

The news that Fatman knows what something healthy tastes like upsets me.

Diabolos Spade casts no spells (he is melee only).

I think we concluded on our last victoly that if for some strange reason you wanted to fight more than 1 Diabolos, you could click another green NPC just before the Diabolos you're fighting is defeated, and the NPC should pop another copy.
    Last edited by Halon50; 06-02-2006 at 04:14 PM.

6. I appreciate the information, gonna give it a test run on the 18th of June to see how it goes. Once again thanks for all the consistantly great information.

7. Hello, my LS just recently went to Tav to see how we would fair at it. We followed the notes that you had posted here and they helped greatly. My question is for the Diabolos boss, are the NPCs true sight or the spawned Diabolos mobs. Reason I ask this is I was very stuck on how to approach the boss. I read here that you had to move through the NPCs but was very unsure about it. With the NPCs having an unpredictable pathing pattern it seems very difficult to try and get 18 people through to the other side. Thank you in advance

Quote Originally Posted by Illverin
    Hello, my LS just recently went to Tav to see how we would fair at it. We followed the notes that you had posted here and they helped greatly. My question is for the Diabolos boss, are the NPCs true sight or the spawned Diabolos mobs. Reason I ask this is I was very stuck on how to approach the boss. I read here that you had to move through the NPCs but was very unsure about it. With the NPCs having an unpredictable pathing pattern it seems very difficult to try and get 18 people through to the other side. Thank you in advance
    Diabolos NPCs are true sight. The spawned Diabolos mobs do not aggro.

And yes, getting 18 people to the other side is very hard.
    Fatman, a leader, a friend, a great person. Rest in peace buddy. I'll miss all the good times we had together.

A little update for people who for some strange reason still farm this zone (other than us!):

We have been able to pop one of the time extension ??? marks regularly, by clearing the South tunnel of the main floor G-10/H-10, then pulling and killing the first three Vanguard Eyes and their summoned Hydras. One of the Eyes makes the ??? time extension pop in the lower tunnel around F-9/G-9, for an additional 15m I believe. A sac runner with flee boots/items can hit the ??? and make it back to the tunnel to die within tractor range.

Lately we've been exploring the top floor tunnels to see if a time extension ??? will pop in J-8. So far all we've discovered is that the north tunnel Eyes (J-7) pop Kindred and one Nightmare Taurus each, and do not make the ??? appear after death. One of the eyes at J-9 popped 3 Nightmare Taurus, and since these resist sleep a LOT (they would sleep, but for maybe 25%-50% sleep duration even with ES), we wound up mostly dead and unable to confirm if killing the 2 eyes we pulled made any ??? appear on the upper or lower area J-8/K-8. We'll keep trying!

Oh and in case other LS want to try for Hydra gear, they have a low droprate from the Nightmare Taurus, though we got lucky and had one Taurus drop both Hydra Beret and Hydra Jupon.

Quote Originally Posted by Halon50
    Lately we've been exploring the top floor tunnels to see if a time extension ??? will pop in J-8. So far all we've discovered is that the north tunnel Eyes (J-7) pop Kindred and one Nightmare Taurus each, and do not make the ??? appear after death. One of the eyes at J-9 popped 3 Nightmare Taurus, and since these resist sleep a LOT (they would sleep, but for maybe 25%-50% sleep duration even with ES), we wound up mostly dead and unable to confirm if killing the 2 eyes we pulled made any ??? appear on the upper or lower area J-8/K-8. We'll keep trying!
    Was it the Taurus that have the def down or was it the hydras? Also, they are mnk types and are really hard to blink tank. Not to mention the TP moves they have are really nasty.

Oh, did anyone notice them using a shell ability? That could have been the reason for being hard to sleep? I don't have a fraps of it, but I think it was something like blessed armor, maybe.

Oh and in case other LS want to try for Hydra gear, they have a low droprate from the Nightmare Taurus, though we got lucky and had one Taurus drop both Hydra Beret and Hydra Jupon.
    That was my kill shot ;p Though I guess it only counts as one item since the Jupon sucks. Though the beret is awesome for WHM.
    Kainhighwind: 75 DRG, PLD & WAR