PDA

View Full Version : Dynamis-Beaucidine 8pm EST. Wednesday Oct. 27th.

Radav
10-25-2004, 10:40 AM
Dynamis-Beaucidine again this time we must win. Sadly all it takes is one tiny little thing that can cause you not to win. I guess Voke/Flash is way better at keeping hate then just a throwing item. So we will have our PLDs marathon them far away and we can go and save them after we get the ???.

Shopping List: Echo Drops, Eye Drops, Antidote, Poison Potion, Icarus Wing (Melee), The best food you can get (I've been hearing people say food is not being used by many people. I hope that's not true.) Saving TP on last set of NMs + Icarus Wing + better idea of what is going on will = Angra Mainyu getting killed in very short order.

Zumi
10-25-2004, 03:35 PM
I don't know how well PLD can marathon those dragons. When i was there on Sunday i got aggro from the dragons and 1 hit did 468 damage, then i used invincible and drop the glass. Thats 3-4 hits at the most with no invincible. The time before that I did die in 4 hits. I am guessing a nin/war would be better for this. It would be better if there is more nin/war that people use it to marathon the dragons.

Radav
10-25-2004, 03:43 PM
Somehow Helm got a dragon and ran it so far away it took 20 min. for the dragon to come back. We had a NIN/WAR as one of the marathoners and that did not work. They move extremely slow. So its not too hard to stay a good distance in front of them. 1 Hit for 486 is alot yet. So imagine what would happen to a NIN if they get hit. I think we will just have to work in teams so maybe 2-3 people per dragon just so we are sure we get them away from Angra Manyu.

Maybe we can go RDM + PLD again so that they can try to debuff so that the PLDs can stay alive longer. But Helm did something that worked extremely well. We need to recreate that. I'll talk to him in game to see if I can gleen some more information as to how he kept hate so well.

Fatman
10-25-2004, 04:53 PM
I'm guessing when Helm's Dragon turned to go back he was able to heal himself.

Helm
10-26-2004, 09:35 AM
I stayed alive by taking my time and not going nuts when the dragon started wandering back. Getting close enough to provoke is pretty dangerous and you can end up getting hit trying to use it. I didn't try and provoke it every 30 seconds, just whenever it started moving back to feiyin I just followed it and the dragon would re-lockon to me. I tried to time my provokes to when it used a special attack so I would have a little running time before it moved after me again.

Teorem
10-26-2004, 04:58 PM
Somehow Helm got a dragon and ran it so far away it took 20 min. for the dragon to come back...They move extremely slow. So its not too hard to stay a good distance in front of them.I think it's important to note that they move slowly when they have not aggro'd anyone. When Zumi aggro'd them near Fei'Yin and ran away, they were moving very fast. Both times when I had the dragons' aggro near Fei'Yin and a sizable headstart, I could not get enough distance between me and their special attacks.

My defense isn't that great to begin with, but the damage from Chaos Blade and Body Slam is pretty high and adds up quickly. I didn't exactly have time to put up Stoneskin or Blink to try, from my observations, Body Slam is not absorbed by Blink or Copy Image.

Just some notes from the last Dynamis-Beaucedine:

Please let the alliance know in /linkshell if there are upcoming HP or MP statues that are about to be killed. It saves us a lot of MP (from non-wasted Cures) and time (from not having to rest as much for MP) if we can take advantage of these; there isn't really any reason why the BLMs should be the only ones to get the benefit of this if the only limitation is just being in range. When I get them, MP statues restore an average of 500MP each time for me, so I'm pretty sure I'm not the only support mage in a melee alliance that can also benefit a lot from these just by being in the right spot at the right time.

While NIN-type Vanguard should not be fought on the leading mage alliance, they should also not be fought in the very back, where there are usually one or two (or more) people who are Weakened. Yes, those are are Weakened should recognize the NIN and make a concerted effort to move as well if it is getting close (you really shouldn't be AFK if you are weakened), but if it is at all possible to not put them in the path of being KO'd *again*, please try not to.

Upon entering Dynamis, please look around and find your WHM for buffs. My spells only have so much of a range, so if you are halfway across the zone and not responding to me when I ask you to come closer, you are wasting my time.

The mortality rate for tanks (and some damage dealers) when fighting MNK-type Vanguard is far too high. It is HARD and not always possible to keep 5 different people in 3 alliances alive when the Hundred Fists is active; the argument that healers are not doing their job is utter crap, in the 4 seconds it takes to cast Cure V, you are already KO'd. Can we look into another strategy for these, such as binding and nuking them as we do the Orc NMs?

Just some thoughts while I'm at work; I'll add more if I can think of any.

Drsteven
10-28-2004, 05:34 PM
:D HI DID YOU GUYS MAKE IT LAST NIGHT?
I REALLY WANT TO KNOW.
I HOPE I WILL HEAR SOME GOOD NEWS.
:confused:

Radav
10-28-2004, 09:04 PM
Yes we did win. 47 o.O o.O!!!!! of us beat beaucidine. I think most of you would agree that this zone is probably easier then Windurst. We did win.

Zumi
10-29-2004, 03:59 AM
I think you would be right about that much easier to win then windurst.