PDA

View Full Version : Dynamis - Xarc question for your farming run

Agita
06-27-2006, 10:37 AM
Hello and my Name is Agita. I have read your Strategy on Dynamis Xarcabard. ( awesome job) The linkshell I own will be trying it for the second time this wednesday ( tomorrow and like any other linkshell, our first run we were done within the 1 hour entry time lmao). Our team is on on the Siren Server =P. We will be using your strategy, but I have a couple of questions. * you may have answered these in yoru strategy but I wnna be sure*

When I look @ your results pages and look @ the Xarca runs. When I see AF farming result. Does that mean you guys do a different strategy by taking other routes? Or do you stick with your guide EVERY time you enter Xarc?

When fighting DL and he is about to SMN, can a stun cancel his casting or will he just continue and ignore it. And if those Dragons pop Whats the BEST solution into handling them. Because I have heard multiple.

How hard are those Vanguard Dragons, I see there's 10 and i would like to assume that they dont take a long time to kill because we have 10 of those, then Yin and Yang, then DL. And can they be pulled 1 by 1...(hoping so)

those are few that come to mind >< thank you =P

Rayj
06-27-2006, 12:18 PM
check your pms

Agita
06-28-2006, 11:53 AM
Thank you very much. I have 1 or 2 more if anyone can answer before in a couple of hours.

Do you have to kill all 10 Vanguard Dragons, and if not will thery're hate be tied to anything thats being pulling that will cause them to aggro I.e- Ying and Yang or Dynamislord.

Dredog
06-28-2006, 03:17 PM
i think you have to kill all ten to pop DL.

Halon50
06-28-2006, 05:09 PM
The trigger to pop DL is to kill the first set of Ying and Yang. You don't have to touch any of the 10 dragons really, though obviously they're rather inconveniently placed on the way up to the castle. Plus they drop sweet sweet Necropsyche, good for selling to vendors for 3-5k each!

Juma
06-28-2006, 06:24 PM
only have to kill whatever dragons you need out of the way, we kill all 10 just because. DL is up before you kill the first set of Ying and Yang, but you can't hurt him till you kill first set.

Agita
07-01-2006, 11:39 AM
only have to kill whatever dragons you need out of the way, we kill all 10 just because. DL is up before you kill the first set of Ying and Yang, but you can't hurt him till you kill first set.

umm what? he's already up with the original Yin and Yang?

Agita
07-01-2006, 12:29 PM
Okay let me give you guys an update. from our last run which was last wednesday. From our 2nd attempt. ( Please note our first attempt went horribly wrong we didnt even get passed the first spot due to lack of knowledge)

We had about 47ish in attendance. I went over and showed the whole LS where to go for each point. Where to stand for the dragons. Where to stand for DL. It was funny having people run by seeing 40+ members of my LS running through Xarcabard. Then we went in.
We went to your first point. I pulled, got the time. then Wiped...We got up. moved to point 2 . Tried a carby sac pull and got a SHITLOAD of eyes. We killed the original two as fast as we can then tried to kill some eyes as they were sort of being kited. ( 'Sort of because' I had 1 ninja show up and 34848 Paladins) This was pretty much Wipe #2. While having 2 eyes left. We got up, killed the eyes then went to point 3 behind the ledge where the first set of 3 NMs are. We pulled the eyes behind it to pop the other time statue. This for some weird Reason we pretty much wiped ( wipe #3) to as well leaving about 3 mobs. We left those 3 mobs behind us and got rdy for the first set of 3 Nms. We camped behind the ledge, the pull went well the FIRST time. We tried to kill eyes as fast but our kiters werent doing as well. We managed to kill like 2 eyes then started to wipe because we caught aggro from those 3 mobs behind us. (wipe#4) We killed those 3 mobs and now have 3 NMs and 1 Eye left. This pull Went Wrong. I pulled from the SE and ran back and one of the NMS took a left instead of making a right causing a mass pull.(wipe#5). We got up pulled the 3 NMs and 1 eye and managed to do it decently. We made it to the point #4 and by then our time was over.

What I learned :
- I learned that I need more than 1 Ninja and I'm going to have people switch jobs around and make it so i have @ least 3.
- I learned that I'm pretty sure I can sac pull the point 1 very first time statue. If I run in catch all aggro and Flee (75THF/nin) then run west i think.(Or whichever way is opposite) and have a PLD run in voke a statue and run back to the camp Ill have the BLM nuker team to be rdy to TierIV synch nuke the statue on its way back. Where I die In a safe spot to be tractored while they get the time and no aggro @ camp/point#1.
- I learned that for the pull behind the ledge of the 1st set of NM's( point #3) Im also gonna have to Sac pull catch all aggro and Have 3 plds or 3 ninjas voke the eyes to the camp and kill the eyes first asap while I have Demon aggro and run away and die. So we can kill the eyes without having to worry about demons. With that said, We will have the eyes Defeated and only the Demons to worry about with the time statue spawn
- I learned that for Each set of NMs it looks like theres 3 eyes and 3 NMs, I need to Sac pull as well. I run up aggro the 3 NMs and eyes, While I have 3 Plds Voke the eyes while i have aggro from the NMS and die away from camp. So that the team only has 3 eyes to fight and kite.
- I learned that I need to assign a WHM or RDM to each Ninja I have for kiting purposes for the NMs. When we have the eyes killed and have to pull the 3 NMS only, Im gonna have 1 ninja bring 1 NM back to camp to the PLDS while the 2 ninjas go off and kite/solo AWAY from camp while having a WHM or RDM assigned to them specifically.

What I need to know :
-Are my idea's above right or wrong?
-At the point #2 time camp, What is the BEST possible way to deal with those shitload of eyes. ( 1 or 2 PLDS were able to kite 1 by running around in circles, im actually thinking thats the best idea, but could be a better/easier way)
- PLD or NIN? Which is the better kite for Eyes. I keep getting mixed answers. But from what Ive seen PLDS look like they struggle. But I didnt assign any mages to them. So it could be different.

Well thats pretty much all i have to say. I just want to include that i love my linkshell more than anything on Siren server. We Rock every nation and Beaucedine like theirs no tomorrow. We have the same results you guys do in your nations/beau raids. But, Compared to Xarcabard those runs are a piece of cake to us. I am responsible for over 80+ members which is probably nothing to your 500+ members. But Dynamisbums is an AMAZING linkshell by just looking @ their site. As a player you dont even have to be on your server to realize how great your linkshell is. I would like for my LS to be as successful as yours.

Sincerely yours,
Agita (Siren Server)

Juma
07-01-2006, 06:07 PM
we use primarily pld tanks for just about everything, it's harder for a nin to hold hate in dynamis.

for the first time pull it is possible to pull that group without linking all four eyes and their resulting pops, you just have to figure out the timing, which can be kinda hard to do.

key to the shitton of eyes is to have blms on stun watch, if they see a -ga3 being cast get a stun off on them. melees can rape the eyes pretty fast. we generally use plds over ninjas, which can work out fine if the blms stun the tier ivs as well as ga3s, kiting isnt really necessary from what ive seen, nor is there much room to do so at that spot.

for the first NM wall: you should pull the things that would link with the NMs if they turned left instead of right, it's really hard to get them all to go right around that first tower. we always pull that line of eyes that linked to your NMs before we pull that first tower of NMs

for the NM walls in general: it probably wouldnt be a great idea to sac pull the eyes first, seeing as how there's 5 walls, that would mean finding a decent location to sac pull the NMs from every wall. like i said before, eyes generally go down pretty fast from melee, just have plds or nins kite the NMs till all the eyes are down. assign a whm and rdm or something to that effect to the tanks kiting the NMs, have the tanks announce what NM they're kiting so whms can look out for them and cure them and whatnot if needed, tanks should also announce when they've died, so another tank can pick up kiting the now tankless NM

i think i hit all of your concerns. im sure if i missed anything or said something wrong ill be corrected. gl with your next xarc attempt

oh: yeah DL is up before you kill ying and yang the first time, he's just invulnerable, which is why you have to kill ying and yang the first time, to weaken him, and then he summons them again as you fight him.

Rayj
07-01-2006, 07:09 PM
Usually our first Xarc pull is 1 eye 0 kindred 0 statues, after that I can get it where I pull 2 eyes and about 12 demons. you basically wait to pull until the one closest to camp 1 is furthest away from the other eyes (i.e. as far nw as it can get).

Agita
07-02-2006, 12:00 AM
for the first NM wall: you should pull the things that would link with the NMs if they turned left instead of right, it's really hard to get them all to go right around that first tower. we always pull that line of eyes that linked to your NMs before we pull that first tower of NMs

Okay, you guys pull that before you pull those NMS?... is it a shitload of mobs?

I had 2 Rdm/BLMS and 2 BRD/NINS and sleepga duty for the last run. the rest were RDM/DRK the sleeping went well. But the sleeperes DIE FAST I think i have to assign another mage as well to keep sleepers alive.

Rayj
07-02-2006, 10:21 AM
We pull the eye wall after the NMs. Theres a way to do it so that you only pull half the eye wall but I've never been able to duplicate this without dying.

One way to pull it is to have someone sac pull the northern half away and pull the bottom half to the camp. This can be accomplished by having someone aggro the top half and almost immediately after someone pull the bottom half.

Also you don't need to have people set as RDM/DRK for the entire run. Just have them come as normal sub (BLM) and then have them warp and switch to DRK sub while you kill the Vanguard Dragons. Generally they will be back in time for Yin and Yang.

Juma
07-02-2006, 12:36 PM
ray they didnt get to the eye wall he was talking about the eyes that link with the first set of NMs

Agita
07-03-2006, 12:23 PM
haha yeah i wish we made it to that eye wall...but i know how to handle that.... We decided to not due Xarc due to lack of BLMS....as usual...we did Jeuno =D which we rocked of course 11 AF( THFx2,WARx3,RNGx2,RDM BLM BRD SAM) 100 lango, and shit loads of currency for the 3 sponsors....

senseless
08-03-2006, 04:52 PM
Hello, my name is senseless from the remora server, alot of you people look at this site for information on how to do different zones etc. In the next couple of days ill create my strat to success that my ls uses to farm xarc effectively with 36 ppl. We have beaten DL, we have gotten fragments, all while getting 4+ af every run. www.tssls.com to take a gander. Anyhow I should have the strat up in a couple days for you guys. Its a perfect mix of farming and not dying :)

KainHighwind
08-04-2006, 01:07 AM
Anyhow I should have the strat up in a couple days for you guys. Its a perfect mix of farming and not dying :)

What's the point of dynamis if you don't die? ;p

Juma
08-04-2006, 11:33 AM
if dynamis ever becomes a deathless borefest i will stop going!

Typhus
08-07-2006, 11:38 AM
Couple of things our LS does in these areas:

1. First time ext, we send our leader in to sac it (rng). Usually a Barrage/EES will take it out.

2. Second time ext: Blm's time nuke the 2 eyes that are already up. With luck (i.e. depending on how many are there that night), the original 2 go down, leaving only 6 to be dealt with by kiting.

3. Third time ext: Can be pulled one eye at a time. I'm the main puller for our shell, and only time I've gotten a link is when our main assist targets/vokes too soon. I usually pull left, right, then center, making sure to hug the wall as I bring them in.

4. NM's: Again, we have the blms time nuke them. Eyes usually go down, leaving only the NM's to deal with. On the first set, we have the blm nuke from the front, so we can control pathing and links. Since we started doing that, we have never linked the eye just to the SE of the wall.

5. Eye wall after NM's: Me and back up puller split sac this.

6. Dragons: Me, and all other pullers just find one and start back to camp with it as soon as we do. They go down fast. Easily kited if main camp is still dealing with one. Takes us about 8 min to do all 10.

We still have yet to beat DL ;; Right now, we're thinking it's a combination of training on our rdms with stun lock, and more members. Our average Xarcabard runs with about 36 or so.

On a good note: 2 x Assassin's Armlets last night. Both our thf's are now set for farming runs :cool: .

Halon50
08-07-2006, 03:53 PM
1. First time ext, we send our leader in to sac it (rng). Usually a Barrage/EES will take it out.

2. Second time ext: Blm's time nuke the 2 eyes that are already up. With luck (i.e. depending on how many are there that night), the original 2 go down, leaving only 6 to be dealt with by kiting.

3. Third time ext: Can be pulled one eye at a time. I'm the main puller for our shell, and only time I've gotten a link is when our main assist targets/vokes too soon. I usually pull left, right, then center, making sure to hug the wall as I bring them in.

These are some very good ideas. We usually just pull and do the normal sleepga festivities on the demons, but your ideas (in bold) seem to make sense for smaller (36-man or under) runs. Thanks!

Ibihni
08-17-2006, 03:22 AM
If you're getting a link at all on the third time extender in Xarcabard, you're overcomplicating things.

Camp at the top of the hill, to the west of the eyes. Pull the westernmost one first, then the middle one, then the last one. Never had a single link in 15 runs pulling it like that.

You'll also occasionally have the statue pop on the second eye, at which point it'll wander over to you and you can choose to ignore the last one completely.

As for the eyes linking to the first set of NMs, we always kill those after the second time extender. They're setup in such a way that they should always all link in a big square.

The SE eye pops five mobs in a line leading west to the next eye. The NE one pops five mobs in a line leading south. The NW eye pops five leading east. The SW eye pops five leading north.

We camp on the hill, standing directly behind the SE eye. The final mob in the line that pops (a bard) never links with the others, meaning you'll get just the eye and four mobs. You can then proceed to pull the other eyes, NE first, then NW. For the final eye, pull the bard from the east of it, rather than targetting the eye itself. The summoner that pops at the end of its line will occasionally not link, making your life easier.

We've actually gotten a good number of our Xarcabard AF of that square of eyes...

Eliasr
07-07-2007, 01:47 AM
Hello,
DynamisBums information has helped my shell grow from a dynamisnewb ls to having successfully taken down the Dynamis Lord on our 4th attempt about a week ago.

When we first started doing Xarcabard runs we tried the strategy listed with you guys, but have found with a few modifications to run a bit more smooth for us. Of course I understand that every shell runs a bit different and what works for 1 might not work for another, but I thought i'd share what we've done.

On the 1st and 2nd time extensions we have a RNG/WAR take them out. In order to get the 2nd one we take the cheap route and sac. We have a thf and 2 vokers set up, each of the vokers targets 1 of the 2 eyes and when they're ready the thf aggros them and runs off to the west.

Since the vokers have the eyes already targeted they don't get lost when the other eyes pop, after they're sure the thf has the aggro from all the eyes they provoke the original 2 and head back to camp to have them dispatched.

After the 2 eyes are dead the group moves on to the NM camp while the RNG stays behind to dispatch of the 2nd time extension.

As for the 3 eyes at the 1st NM camp we've found that pulling the right, left, middle, seems to work with out linking 99% of the time.

The NMs we started handling a bit differently, and I know another shell on the server does an interesting sac combo for it... We tried kiting the NMs while the eyes were dispatched of before but we found that it was hard to keep the kiters healed or some other problems would come up while kiting and the kiter would die.

So rather than kiting we have started "assigning" NMs to PLDs before they're pulled, the PLDs find and provoke their NM as they come to camp, each PLD has at least 1 WHM and RDM with them, and they just straight tank with sword and shield but not engaged.

The RDM or BRD or whoever can assists with curing and enfeebling the NMs and binding when it will stick so the PLD can back off a bit and not get hit.

As soon as the eyes are down the groups start on the NMs, after 1 is killed the healers from that one move on to assist with the other 2.

Some cases in which this might pose a problem are: Count Raum (THF Triple attack hurts from him make sure to have extra healing power on this tank.) Orias (BLM drops bombs, NIN tank, or blms or other stunners to stop those big painful spells) Scox (DRK tends to hit pretty hard, extra cures on this tank can be useful). etc...

The 6 eye wall before the dragons I set up similar to a timed nuke, only its a time provoke. The group camps at the top of the hill and I have a PLD stationed ready to provoke the southern most eye (far left aka #1) while I move down to the 3rd from the north (3rd from the right aka #4).

1 2 3 4 5 6

After we're in place I call a time, at which we both provoke (south might want to go a tad bit early but not a lot).

After provoking I run to the NE and die by the pillar before reaching the eyes there, while the other runs up to the rest of the group.

If done correctly it leaves your group dealing with only 1/2 of the wall, poision pots are a good idea here as this will be mostly mage demons so sleepga from the eyes + the blm demons can sometimes be a pain.

(Thanks Inui for sharing the 6 eye wall strategy with me.)

Sometimes the 6 eye wall pull doesn't always go as planned, a sac might go bad, or the eyes might be Lv5 Petrify happy etc.. I've found that as long as you have enough sleepers/vokers you can still deal with the wall fully popped faily easily.

1 2 3 4 5 6

In the event that this happens i've had the BLMs spread out down the line, and assigned a provoker to each of the 6 eyes.

The BLMs Elemental Seal Sleepga II on a called time and then the tanks provoke their assigned eyes which are dispatched of ASAP, as the eyes are dispatched the vokers of course start getting hate on what ever demons they can so the mages can focus on keeping them slept w/out dying.

So far that has worked out for me 80% of the time w/out resulting in additional sac pulls or wipes.

I'm not sure if this is helpful to anyone but I thought i'd share it ^^;
(sorry for the long post too)

Halon50
07-07-2007, 04:40 AM
We actually have new strategies with updated tactics for each pull spread through the entire zone. I honestly don't know if these new strategies are public though.

Izzy
07-07-2007, 11:41 AM
Yea, Teo has them listed on the front page:

http://www.dynamisbums.com/strategy/xar.html

Much prettier than the last strategies and covers alot more stuff.

Carl
07-07-2007, 12:14 PM
Your new sig, Izzy, doesn't portray you in the proper light. You need flames shooting out of your mouth and Hell's gate as a backdrop!

Izzy
07-07-2007, 12:27 PM
Your new sig, Izzy, doesn't portray you in the proper light. You need flames shooting out of your mouth and Hell's gate as a backdrop!

hhaha, someone drew that for me a long time ago, and i realized it would make an AWESOME sig!

http://img441.imageshack.us/img441/5387/ffwackiness4tv3.jpg

Thats the whole thing.

Carl
07-07-2007, 04:29 PM
hahaha That's pretty nice... still needs more fire and brimstone though!

Andhalas
07-07-2007, 05:00 PM
and horn and skull o_o-b