PDA

View Full Version : Question about AF2 drops

Leofish
12-30-2005, 01:17 PM
hello you all of you, many fo the leaders of my LS have used your website as reference, so I thought I'd bring this question up before you.

We have been doing dynamis for quite awhile now, but our AF2 drop rates have NEVER been anywhere near what I see on this site or any other dynamis site. When doign the cities... we are lucky if we get maybe 2-3 drops, sandoria we have never gotten more than 1 peice, and same with Buecidine, only one per run ever... and we using the full time in every place.

We regularly have 2-3 thfs, and usually 1-2 thf knifes.

Our melees currently sub nin, I remember reading soemwhere on DynamisCatAttack about having melee go /thf increasing drops alot.

my question then is, is this rate normal for th eamount of theives we have and our setup? are there any suggestiosn you can give that might help us increase our AF2 drops?

Andhalas
12-30-2005, 02:01 PM
i think it also depends on how fast u kill and i think i notice AFs only drop on certain area... example in bastok it drop like around the bridge to the mine <_<

Juma
12-30-2005, 05:39 PM
i also think it has a lot to do with how fast you kill things, we never got huge amounts of AF till we started clearing zones entirely and killing shit really fast. we never take an excessive amount of thfs or anything, and im sure a lot of it has to do with luck as well.

:Q

Radav
01-02-2006, 10:55 AM
I've always felt that the speed in which you kill things effects the drop rate quite a bit. We would get about 5-7 at most in our early days. Beaucidine ALWAYS sucks no matter what we've done. I think the most we've ever gotten there was like 8 pieces but usually it's 3-4 at best. We have better luck in Xarcabard now then Beaucidine. lol

Fatman
01-02-2006, 11:55 AM
Only advice I can give is to try having a THF target mobs for the entire group to ensure a THF is attacking every mob. Could also assign a THF to slap Replicas before they die to increase 100 piece drops. We usually have a THF at each run with the Xarcabard AF2 hands as well.

We don't sub THF or NIN although our melee are allowed to sub THF if they want.

Waxing and Wanning moon phases are best for dynamis in my opinion as well.

Beaucedine drop rate sucks ass for every linkshell so you're not alone there.

The last few times we had poor drops I kept shouting insults and remarks about turning in gil sellers to SE. Oddly enough it worked >_> every time.

The last thing you can do is find out who monitors Dynamis for SE during your time slot and drive to their house and pay them in cold hard cash! They can turn TH4 on for everyone in zone!! j/k :P

Cyrus
01-02-2006, 01:13 PM
I haven't noticed the thiefs doing this who have been put in our blm alliance lately but we might want to think about having them load up on ranged accuracy and pelting the statues with crossbow bolts. I think it would be a lot easier than trying to melee the statue a few hits because statues die so fast once a few blms get sight of them.

Juma
01-14-2006, 12:32 AM
just to enforce the speed theory, the past several runs that we have been doing joint runs our kill rate has been significantly lower due to the drastic reduction in members in the normal zones. Our AF drops have been pretty crap during these runs.

Zaitsev
01-14-2006, 03:15 AM
I support the "Speed Kill Theory" as well.

last wednesday, HydraCorps killed off everything in Bastok, repops and all, with 23 mins left on timer.

Our drop rate was 17 AFs and a 100coin. Not that high, but it's above average for about 49 people in zone. We kept moving through the statues at high kill rate at 80ish% zone capacity.

Zymurgy
01-14-2006, 04:34 AM
I can vouch for the fact that if you don't kill beastmen in new dynamis zones, you don't get any AF2.

Candia
01-14-2006, 05:51 AM
Usually for farming runs, I have my general melee sub THF and have the THF's melee the statues before the BLM's burn them down. Supposedly having more THF subs increases the chance of AF, however, I haven't seen that much of a difference.

Best run netted 14 AF2, 4 100 coins, and 297 singles in Bastok.

KainHighwind
01-15-2006, 04:11 AM
From our server...
http://blog.livedoor.jp/rarus0808/

http://image.blog.livedoor.jp/rarus0808/imgs/5/2/52f5c1bc.JPG

Orz~

Halon50
01-15-2006, 05:34 PM
I think just above that SS on his 'blog, he says his LS got 11 AF from Dynamis-Beaucedine that run. Sheesh.

Candia
01-16-2006, 07:09 AM
11 AF in Glacier is impressive (or extremely lucky). The most my shell has gotten is 7 AF from Glacier.

There is a rumor that keeping the dropped exp scrolls from the Northland zones and the S.Stratagems from the NM's in Xarcabard forces more AF2 drops. My shell doesn't have nearly the run history as DB so I can't really shed any insight on the rumor.

Juma
01-17-2006, 03:34 AM
sounds silly!!!

but im willing to try anything!

Zymurgy
01-17-2006, 03:43 AM
As far as I remember, though I could be wrong, exp scrolls and AF are not mutually exclusive.